Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: AFI - retrospective

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner KingOfFools's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2002
    Posts
    696
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nitro Records has put out an AFI retrospective disc. Myself, I've never been that big a fan of the band - Davey Havok's voice annoys me a little. That said, I do like their new cover of "Head Like A Hole." Too bad it's not on this compilation. Evidently the band isn't too happy with this disc either - on their website they say "While we are extremely proud of our body of work over the years, we would like you to know it was not the band's decision to compile, create or promote a "retrospective" at this point in our career. If you should enjoy it or hear something you've been unable to find elsewhere then great, but please understand it was conceived and sold without our input." I guess the die-hard fans may want the disc for its rarities, but I don't see the casual listener going out of their way to pick it up. I think my copy is going to end up at a used record store soon.

    nitro 468x60

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tragic's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2004
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I consider myself a pretty big fan of AFI and I just dont know about this retrospective. I already have all those songs on all the other records and as for the unreleased ones I have them on my computer so its not like I havent heard them. I think this is more for the newer fan than it is for the older. I would of pick it up to have a mix cd, kinda like live at the roxy but the tracklisting is pretty weak.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member recoveringpunker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2003
    Posts
    316
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I do not know for sure, but AFI seemed to not know much about this until around the release date. I have had a similar copy titles "A History" for over a year now. Nitro sent out some to people about a year ago.

    Sooooo for AFI to not be involved, it seems that they just didn't pay attention. It has been a long time coming.

    They did change the title and about 5 tracks are different then on the one I got.

    But I am pretty sure all were previously released, and the one I have is just as basic as the one released. Nothing special.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member xLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 14th, 2004
    Posts
    221
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Adolescent's might sign with Nitro to release there new album. Adolescent's and TSOL on the same label, very good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •